Winston Churchill said,
“I like things to happen, and if they don’t happen,
I make them happen.”
Results-driven Software Development Manager with over 20 years of extensive experience in spearheading the management, design, development, implementation, and testing of IT solutions. Experience includes:
- Interfaced with internal and external stakeholders and clients, from the development to executive level, to design and plan the implementation and delivery of products; involved in all phases of product development at the client level, including presales, design, implementation, delivery, and support.
- Set standards and best practices for development teams, created formal policies for coding, refactoring, and delivery, and led teams to produce better source control and delivery methods.
- Managed, developed, mentored, and evaluated project teams consisting of project managers, functional managers, developers, analysts, business analysts, QA managers, database administrators, and testers.
Operations & Technical
- 5+ Years of development team management
- Conflict Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Business Statistics
- Business Communications
- International Management
- SDLC, Agile/Scrum
- Lifecycle management
- Object-Oriented Design & Programming (OOD) (OOP) in C/C++ Multi-Threaded with MVC
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project)
- Sales & Marketing
University of North Carolina (UNC) at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC Dec 2018
Bachelor of Information Sciences: Applied Management Information Systems with Operations Management
- Summa Cum Laude GPA 3.8
- Artificial Intelligence and Google IT Support Professional certificates via Coursera.
Full-Time Student, UNC at Pembroke and Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, NC 2015 – 2018
Consultant, The Untrained Brain Co., Hendersonville, NC 2002 – 2015
Personal Technology Projects: iOS push payments Credit Card processing app using AWS with DynamoDB, Swift; iOS vendor ordering system app using AWS with DynamoDB, Swift.
- Created a business and market analysis report about using motor coaches to replace regional airline aircraft in short-haul markets (Ride Voyager 2014-2015).
- Assisted BMW with IBM Big Data and Hadoop Technology (Greytree Partners 2015).
- Experimental Big Data training contract for BMW project utilizing, Text Analytics, MapReduce Hadoop, HDFS, Jaql & Pig running in the Cloud and on local Linux server cluster.
International Surveillance Technology (2006 – 2008)
NetSolus (2003 – 2006)
- Enhanced Asterisk PBX call & voicemail features, improved networked storage systems.
- Created new G.711 to G.729 Codec for audio streaming server solution to record call center agent and customer interactions using Asterix saving server hardware costs.
WebVoIP (2002 – 2005)
- Developed SNMP polling software using Object Oriented PERL (with classes) for RRDTools for real-time charting of call traffic, call detail records, costs and sales (WebVoIP).
- Top contributor to open source RADIUS software. Resolving key security defects.
Chief Technology Officer, Pluto Home (2002 – 2003)
- Oversaw technical aspects of customer relationships, guided investors on production schedules, product development, design, quality control, and hardware acquisitions for this home automation software development company.
Microsoft, Redmond, WA 2008 – 2009
SSDE Team Leader, OEM Services Consultant
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of the Windows customer startup experience on OEM computers by analyzing systems and recommending changes.
- Executive level engagement directly with International OEM PC manufactures to improve initial customer Windows interactions and raise overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for positive customer relationships with HP, DELL, ACER, ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba. Hosted OEM partners while in the country or on campus.
Pace Micro, Boca Raton, FL 2001 – 2002
Software Architect & Software Engineer C/C++
- Lead architectural design and implementation of browser-based cable TV set-top box (STB) while
leadinga team of 8 developers.
- Created a web browser for PowerTV OS in C using MVC design concepts.
- Created version control procedures; reducing problems with coding, quality & teams.
- Upgraded Cisco PowerTV OS to a multi-threaded system improving performance by 40%.
- Created an asynchronous RPC client/server interface, with JNI, for a 3rd party billing system.
- Enhanced performance of Pay per View client; cutting purchase approval times significantly.
Chordiant Software, Mountain View, CA 1999 – 2000
Sales Engineer & Solutions Consultant
- Sales consultant for the delivery of a Java-based CRM system at TSYS credit card processing.
- Resolved key post-installation issues during early life support.
- Lead Customer relationship manager (CRM) product team onsite.
Intellivoice Communications, Atlanta, GA 1997 – 1999
Software Architect, Senior Technical Lead, C/C++
- Lead team of 12 developers as Software Architect for digital Email to Voicemail to Email (EVE) system using microservices
- EVE was the basis of the decision for Premier Communications to acquire Intellivoice.
- Created a digital voicemail system, eliminating analog hardware, reducing processing cost by 90%
- C-Level sales and technical negotiations with Premiere Communications.
- Acted as the sales engineer in support of sales staff trust-based selling process.
Daugherty Systems, Atlanta, GA 1996 – 1997
Software Architect & Team Lead, C/C++
- Planned and managed technical assessment & full code rewrite for Delta Air Lines’ Magellan reservation system resulting in a significant overall improvement of agent and call center performance.
- Saved client millions of dollars in excess equipment capacity, labor, and lost sales through increases in system performance by removing software development errors and system constraints.
- Working with Kanban methods, developed business documentation, requirements documents, use cases, software requirements specifications, report specifications, user stories, interface designs, and code.
- Eliminated excessive reservation agent terminal downtimes during customer calls.
- Reduced reservation call lengths by 90% by reducing application crashes.
- Diagnosed obscure network and DB/2 issues with the Delta Airlines reservation system.
- Interfaced directly with unionized workers, reservation agents and backend developers.
- Improved network capacity and routing by reconfiguring network hardware.
- 5,325,527: Client/Server communication system utilizing self-generated nodal network, June 28, 1994
- 5,454,102: Method and apparatus for transferring structured data using self-generated node network, Sep 26, 1995
- 5,630,060: Method and apparatus for delivering multi-media messages over different transmission media, May 13, 1997