I am looking for work as a Scrum Master, Software Development Manager using AWS or other Clouds, or a Process Improvement Specialist.
I have recently graduated with a Bachelor of Information Sciences: Applied Management Information Systems with Operations Management. I am open to a variety of positions in software development or manufacturing.
Results-driven Software Development Manager with over 20 years of extensive experience in spearheading the management, design, development, implementation, and testing of IT solutions. Experience includes:
- Interfaced with internal and external stakeholders and clients, from the development to executive level, to design and plan the implementation and delivery of products; involved in all phases of product development at the client level, including presales, design, implementation, delivery, and support.
- Set standards and best practices for development teams, created formal policies for coding, refactoring, and delivery, and led teams to produce better source control and delivery methods.
- Managed, developed, mentored, and evaluated project teams consisting of project managers, functional managers, developers, analysts, business analysts, QA managers, database administrators, and testers.
Operations & Technical Expertise
- Conflict Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations Management
- Business Statistics
- Business Communications
- International Management
- Sales & Marketing
- SDLC, Agile/Scrum
- Lifecycle management
- Object-Oriented Design (OOD) & Object
- Oriented Programming (OOP) in C/C++ Multi-Threaded with MVC
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project)
University of North Carolina (UNC) at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC Dec 2018
Bachelor of Information Sciences: Applied Management Information Systems with Operations Management
- Summa Cum Laude GPA 3.8
- Artificial Intelligence and Google IT Support Professional certificates via Coursera.
Full-Time Student, UNC at Pembroke and Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, NC 2015 – 2018
Consultant, The Untrained Brain Co.
Hendersonville, NC 2002 – 2015
Personal Technology Projects: iOS push payments Credit Card processing app using AWS with DynamoDB, Swift; iOS vendor ordering system app using AWS with DynamoDB, Swift.
- Created a business and market analysis report about using motor coaches to replace regional airline aircraft in short-haul markets (Ride Voyager 2014-2015).
- Assisted BMW with IBM Big Data and Hadoop Technology (Greytree Partners 2015).
- Experimental Big Data training contract for BMW project utilizing, Text Analytics, MapReduce Hadoop, HDFS, Jaql & Pig running in the Cloud and on local Linux server cluster.
International Surveillance Technology (2006 – 2008)
NetSolus (2003 – 2006)
- Enhanced Asterisk PBX call & voicemail features, improved networked storage systems.
- Created new G.711 to G.729 Codec for audio streaming server solution to record call center agent and customer interactions using Asterix saving server hardware costs.
WebVoIP (2002 – 2005)
- Developed SNMP polling software using Object Oriented PERL (with classes) for RRDTools for real-time charting of call traffic, call detail records, costs and sales (WebVoIP).
- Top contributor to open source RADIUS software. Resolving key security defects.
Chief Technology Officer, Pluto Home (2002 – 2003)
- Oversaw technical aspects of customer relationships, guided investors on production schedules, product development, design, quality control, and hardware acquisitions for this home automation software development company.
Redmond, WA 2008 – 2009
SSDE Team Leader, OEM Services Consultant
- Accountable for improvements in the performance of the Windows customer startup experience on OEM computers by analyzing systems and recommending changes.
- Executive level engagement directly with International OEM PC manufactures to improve initial customer Windows interactions and raise overall customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for positive customer relationships with HP, DELL, ACER, ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, and Toshiba. Hosted OEM partners while in the country or on campus.
Boca Raton, FL 2001 – 2002
Software Architect & Software Engineer C/C++
- Lead architectural design and implementation of browser-based cable TV set-top box (STB).
- Created a web browser for PowerTV OS in C using MVC design concepts.
- Created version control procedures; reducing problems with coding, quality & teams.
- Upgraded Cisco PowerTV OS to a multi-threaded system improving performance by 40%.
- Created an asynchronous RPC client/server interface, with JNI, for a 3rd party billing system.
- Enhanced performance of Pay per View client; cutting purchase approval times significantly.
Mountain View, CA 1999 – 2000
Sales Engineer & Solutions Consultant
- Sales consultant for the delivery of a Java-based CRM system at TSYS credit card processing.
- Resolved key post-installation issues during early life support.
- Lead Customer relationship manager (CRM) product team onsite.
Atlanta, GA 1997 – 1999
Software Architect, Senior Technical Lead, C/C++
- As Software Architect invented digital Email to Voicemail to Email (EVE) system using microservices
- EVE was the basis of the decision for Premier Communications to acquire Intellivoice.
- Created a digital voicemail system, eliminating analog hardware, reducing processing cost by 90%
- C-Level sales and technical negotiations with Premiere Communications.
- Acted as the sales engineer in support of sales staff trust-based selling process.
Atlanta, GA 1996 – 1997
Software Architect & Team Lead, C/C++
- Planned and managed technical assessment & full code rewrite for Delta Air Lines’ Magellan reservation system resulting in a significant overall improvement of agent and call center performance.
- Saved client millions of dollars in excess equipment capacity, labor, and lost sales through increases in system performance by removing software development errors and system constraints.
- Working with Kanban methods, developed business documentation, requirements documents, use cases, software requirements specifications, report specifications, user stories, interface designs, and code.
- Eliminated excessive reservation agent terminal downtimes during customer calls.
- Reduced reservation call lengths by 90% by reducing application crashes.
- Diagnosed obscure network and DB/2 issues with the Delta Airlines reservation system.
- Interfaced directly with unionized workers, reservation agents and backend developers.
- Improved network capacity and routing by reconfiguring network hardware.
- 5,325,527: Client/Server communication system utilizing self-generated nodal network, June 28, 1994
- 5,454,102: Method and apparatus for transferring structured data using self-generated node network, Sep 26, 1995
- 5,630,060: Method and apparatus for delivering multi-media messages over different transmission media, May 13, 1997